[TYPO3-english] Include script in backend head

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Fri Aug 7 10:11:59 CEST 2009

Peter Klein wrote:
> How do you expect someone (except the core team) to write better/updated
> documentation, if they don't know of the new features?

I agree with Peter. The lack of properly updated core documentation is a
serious flaw of TYPO3, in terms of both support and marketing. This
might scare off quite a bunch of potential users. Perhaps really
experienced TYPO3 users and (extension) developers don't see this,
because they have a look at the source code and understand how to do
things, but that doesn't work for everybody. I bet there are a lot of
TYPO3 users/admins who, like myself, aren't php developers. And they
would prefer to have good up-to-date (and preferably reasonably
complete) core documentation.

Buying a book is nice, but if you don't understand German (I do btw)
your choice is more limited and finding the right book for your purposes
might be difficult. The first book I bought (Dutch handbook) turned out
to be useless for me. Also books tend to get outdated as new features
are introduced.

Having a good core documentation which is updated every time features
are added or changed is very important in my view.

By comparison: do you think Ubuntu linux would be as successful as it
is, if it's main documentation (which is often the first documentation a
new user reads) would still be describing the features of an Ubuntu
version from 3 or 4 years ago? I doubt it.

And simply saying: "write it yourself" is too easy. How should I know
what to write? Like Peter said, only the core team or someone closely
involved with them (and very much in the loop) can write such documentation.

Regards,

Walrick
--
webmaster Global Healing Circle