[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Linux hosting script - need suggestion

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Aug 4 14:42:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

J. Bakshi wrote:
> Dan Osipov wrote:
>> I've described [1] how pureftpd can be used with TYPO3 to give BE users
>> access to the filing system. I think you're looking for something like
>> that, correct?
>>

> Thanks for your attention but my requirement is at system level.  My
> script can create  a ftp user on the  fly  and assign the  typo3 space
> under htdocs to be accessed by this newly created ftp user. I use vsftp
> and I have designed the code to do this. but I don't know how to exploit
> pureftp within shell-programming.  This script is for linux sysadmin;
> this is like a "single command" typo3 hosting tool.  I might skip the
> ftp creation totally as quick-explorer extension is there.

In which regard does this question relate to TYPO3? You'd better ask a
pureftpd mailing list.

In addition, hosting systems and methods are so different that I cannot
imagine a "magic" script making all what needs to be done in all cases
(just thinking at how my personal productive system looks like). You
script may be shared as a basis - why not - but do not expect it to be
reusable by anyone as this.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader