[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Linux hosting script - need suggestion

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Tue Aug 4 09:48:45 CEST 2009

Dear all,

since long I wished to have a script for multidomain  typo3 hosting. A
script which can

1> create vhost for apache
2> create .htaccess with realurl support ( obviously apache should have
the module )
3> create ftp for the typo3 space.
4> uncompress the typo3 source and automatically create symlinks inside
the vhost folder in htdocs.
5> Random password generation for localconf.php
6> Mysql creation
7> Random password for mysql
8> Modify localconf.php to communicate with typo3 database.
9> reloading apache and ftp to activate the changes
10> Finally send the typo3 hosting info to the admin/s
11> Delete any typo3 hosting belongs to a domain.

I have designed a shell script which is doing all above and I am also
using that script in my production server  as a "single command"  to
create typo3 hosting.
In my script I use only host name ( like mycompany.example.com ) to do
the internal calculation for naming mysql ( will be mycompany_typo3 )
and the ftp username.
There is also a management part in that script which can delete a typo3
hosing ( deleting the folder in htdocs, drop MySql and delete ftp user
name and password which is actually based on the same mathematics which
is done during creation of typo3 hosting ). Hence no requirement to
store the info in a DB.

I use vsftp as ftp server which is really good and secure. And my
question is related to the ftp server. Some of the client servers
provide scp and proftpd.  The script can be modified to any extend and
no problem to get the support of scp as well as proftpd. I am not in
favour of scp as vsftpd is really  great. But many of the admins also
use proftpd. Could any one suggest the proftpd management script so that
I can include that in my hosting script ? Also nice If I can submit the
script to typo3 site for downloading.

Thanks