[TYPO3-english] advanced typoscript wrapping needed

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Apr 30 18:39:09 CEST 2009

> Regarding the if-condition. The "if" isn't checking the frontend users
> usergroup, but the data in the fe_group field of the tt_content
> record, which depends on the setting of the access field of the
> content form. So this actually is data from the content element
> itself.
>
> For the frontend user I added the normal conditions.
>
> So I think it should work correctly for all users.

I have to admit I didn't check your code completely.
But if caching is working as expected, you don't need the COA_INT anyway.

But outerWrap would still be your friend:

blah.outerWrap.cObject = CASE
blah.outerWrap.cObject {
    key {
        field = fe_group
        split {
            token = ,
            cObjNum = 1
            1.current = 1
            1.wrap = G|
        }
    }
    default = TEXT
    default.value = <some>|</wrap>
    G1 = TEXT
    G1G-2 = TEXT
}

Key uses the fe_group field and splits it by comma to get multiple groups as
well.
Since you are not allowed to use ,  as a key in PHP arrays this is replaced
with a G, generating a chain of GxGyGz.

This can be used to assign TEXT elements to the the different cases. You
just have to make sure you get all the possible combinations of groups as
GxGyGz. Any other will be rendered with default. And you must put the |
character into the value, since the whole value will be used as "the
outerWrap" later on.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian