[TYPO3-english] Problem with alt_mod_frameset.php

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Apr 29 21:30:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to use the class-file /typo3/alt_mod_frameset.php for an own
class in an own main-modul.
Until now I have some problems with that because of different reasons:

1) The class-file alt_mod_frameset.php (and a lot of other files in
/typo3/) has inclusions of files by "require ()"
    Including the file in another class throws an error about
double-loaded functions. Under this circumstance the class should
include files by "require_once()"

2) The class serves as source of several mods, but is there referenced only.
    Intantiation is done in the class-file itselfe. This makes it hard
to change some parameters but see next point ....

3) Parameters are taken from GPvar, so it's not possible to instantiate
the class directly for individual cases.

4) I know classes should be called with mod.php but I don't know how
with this class.

5) I can't and dont't want to configure it as frameset for the whole
mainmodule in ext_localconf.php so I have to call it in another way.

I've build a working frameset by copying the file in my own extension
with changing the call only (and point 1 ), but I don't want to have
(nearly) redundant files in my extension.

Perhaps somone has a tip for me.

Thanks
David