[TYPO3-english] Integrating TinyMCE

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Wed Apr 29 12:26:42 CEST 2009

Hi Bas.

TinyMCE doesn't have any official way of disabling those features, other
than modifying the HTML templates for the requesters.:(
But in TinyMCE RTE, we had created a patching system, that allow the admin
to remove or change various parts of the plugins, which is not normally
configurable.

In the Extension Manager, select the "UPDATE!" function from the dropdown,
then you should see the patching options.
The patches uses are (almost) standard DIFF patches, so it's quite simple to
create new ones.

If you create a patch that might be useful for others, please post if at
Forge.
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-tinymce_rte

That way we can include it in the next update of TinyMCE RTE.

--
Peter Klein

"Wiel, J.A.M. van de" <j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl> wrote in message
news:mailman.3643.1240999996.1775.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Hello all,
The better part of my morning was spent trying to tame the tinymce_rte
extension. The Tiny editor handles cut/paste from Word much better than the
default, so I would like to attempt a switch. Right now I've reached the
point where the whole thing works perfectly, except for one thing. Many
popup dialogs have an 'Advanced' tab, which allows editors way too much
freedom for adding things like ID's, JS events etc. I haven't been able to
find a way to limit the available fields in these tabs, or to disable the
tabs completely. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.
TinyMCE's own documentation has been less than helpful to me..

Bas=