[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Apr 28 17:14:07 CEST 2009

Hi Ries,

>> Exactly. The synchronisation between mailing lists and newsgroup server
>> works perfect,
>
> Hummmm this doesn't works perfect actually...
> a couple of weeks ago the dutch mailing list had problems
> where the newgroups worked ok and both systems where not synced correctly.

I'm aware of that problem (I was the one who fixed it).

For some reason, the configuration of one mailing list was broken and
caused the synchronization to stop. Therefore, every list after that (in
alphabetical order) was not synchronized:

- typo3-dev => OK
- typo3-german => OK
- typo3-english => OK
- ...
- broken list => stop
- ...
- typo3-ug-dutch => FAIL
- typo3-ug-* => FAIL

And many more lists, of course.

However, after I found the reason for that problem some weeks ago, the
error should be gone now. (Isn't it?)

> We also had last year lot's of problems with bounces to
> TYPO3-english.

I'm not aware of this. Still the case?

> I was also under the impression (a couple of years ago)
> that the people from punkt didn't like mailinglist for the reason
> of traffic to there servers, same as with TER.
> Wouldn't you think they will not be happy with a active forum?

Sure there is a lot of traffic on the mailing list server, but Digital
District (who are currently hosting the server) have never contacted us
because of traffic getting too high.

> I don't want to sounds negative here, I am all for good communications,
> but I just remember these cases...

Always! :-) I'm open for critism if there is anything that needs to be
fixed. However, it seems to me the system is working perfect since my
latest fix...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out