[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Apr 28 16:38:52 CEST 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Michael Stucki wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Jigal van Hemert schrieb:
>> I suggested this earlier in this discussion:
>>
>> Some time ago the mailing lists and the usenet groups were
>> connected and
>> synchronised. This means that the same discussions are available
>> both in
>> news and mail, and responses through either medium is distibuted
>> via the
>> other.
>> Why can't "we" do the same trick with a forum? The mail/news messages
>> could be made available in a forum and any replies from the forum
>> could be
>> distributed by mail and news.
>
> I agree with Jigal. Synchronisation is possible and makes perfect
> sense!
> It also helps to avoid that the knowledge of all these TYPO3 experts
> on
> this list split over different channels.
>
>> Fans of forums can be happy, news-addicts can use their favourite
>> news
>> reader and emailaholics can use their mail clients.
>>
>> This way the combined knowledge of the fans of all three media is
>> available on all media!
>
> Exactly. The synchronisation between mailing lists and newsgroup
> server
> works perfect,

Hummmm this doesn't works perfect actually...
a couple of weeks ago the dutch mailing list had problems
where the newgroups worked ok and both systems where not synced
correctly.

We also had last year lot's of problems with bounces to
TYPO3-english.

I was also under the impression (a couple of years ago)
that the people from punkt didn't like mailinglist for the reason
of traffic to there servers, same as with TER.
Wouldn't you think they will not be happy with a active forum?

I don't want to sounds negative here, I am all for good communications,
but I just remember these cases...

Ries