[TYPO3-english] TMENU and overrideID

Markus Deckmann Markus.Deckmann79 at web.de
Tue Apr 28 04:18:11 CEST 2009

Hi Andreas,

> Markus
>> The example shows the structure of my template. Block 1 are the
>> maincontent of the site, block 2 are the submenu and block 3 should be
>> the content of the choosen site from submenu.
> so just slide the maincontent (block 1, Content Site 1). I don't
> understand, why this is not possible.

The site, which contains the defined template for the blocks, are in
special FE-cases a subpart of a complete usecase for adding
address-items to tt_news without using the Typo3-Standard-FE-Editing,
which dont provide a simple possibility to define a usability-friendly
selection of many adress-items in BE or interact with FE-Output of other
extensions, and without using a FE-Editing Extension like meta_feedit or
others which also have IMHO missing features for my global usecase.

My basicly concept for realize this usecase was to find a possibility to
use an extension in domain of a other extension about FE-handling. One
basicly thing of the concept are the link-handling in FE for define a
simple and flexible interface for interact between two extensions and
using the many FE-Outputs of the different extensions. Some extensions
dont provide a FE-Editing, so this concept will do this for you, in best
case for all favored extensions in your mind.

This interface is connecting two extensions about the IDs of the pages
and some additional parameters for further handling. If using the
FE-address-management as subpart from another extension the target for
this action is required, in normal case this is a page ID of e.g. in
this case the address-management and some additional parameters for
working with in address-management or link back to parent-Object the
working request is coming.

If I use the slide-concept from Typo3 I must loop throug a additional
parameter for using on the sub-sites to link completly back to the
parent-object, in my case a Detail-View of tt_news. The slide-concept
enlarged my basicly concept of one level in a FE-Interaction about more
levels (n-levels?) for this type of FE-action. My basicly concept works
just at one-level correctly until now. More levels for FE-Interaction,
by this concept this means more hierarchical-structured pages and I dont
know what happens with my working concept for one-level by enlarged the
levels.

I hope this describe a little bit the reason why I dont use the
slide-feature of Typo3. But my way are carry a bug in Typo3-core, sadly
since 2007. I will work on a fix for this problem and publish it in this
list or the core-list if Im finished.

In spite of everything the slide-feature of Typo3 are a cool way to
share content between hierarchical structured pages. Maybe I can used
this feature for define in a simple way, by just simple using the site
structure and a few lines of TS-Code, for interacting between two
extensions with more-levels.

Bye Markus