[TYPO3-english] Localization: Root page is a shortcut

Mostafa El-Guindy mostafanios at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:24:09 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I am working on a website with 2 langages; German as default and English as the alternative language.

The website is classified into 2 major sections, therefore, the root page is a shortcut to one of these sections.

My problem is that when I am on the main page (default Geraman) and I try to access any other page, it takes me to the English version of that page. The URL then would no contain the "en". However, it works fine from any other page (with the "de" and "en" in the URL) except for the main default language page.

Sometimes when I'm editing the root (shortcut) page, It seems to work fine. However, after a while it goes back to the previously mentioned behavior. I find it very confusing.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Mostafa El Guindy