[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:01:36 CEST 2009

Am Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:06:09 +0430 schrieb Ahmed Moosavi:

> Hello ,
> Why typo3 has not an official centralized online active forum like most
> of other content management systems ? I know there is some unofficial
> English forums but they are not active as this mailing list is.

people are active where they like it to be active. otherway YOU have to
bribe them so their likeness will change.
This discussion appears every now and then and yet no global TYPO3-forum
has emerged. I think there are a lot of TYPO3-user which does not need a
forum while they have mailinglists or news.
If the usage of mailinglists (do you have heard about the existance of
mail?) and news (a solid, old and experienced net-service from times
before www was widespread) would be so difficult as you say there would
be less people to use it. It seems to be easy enough to get a great
popularity.

This discussion is the same as what to prefer: products from brand A or
products from brand B.
I think everyone may use it as he like it. But every 'Brand C is much
better than any other and everyone has to use it and abandon their actual
brand' is no real argument.
e.g.: which chat is better? msn, icq, aim, irc, skype, ....
they all exists and none is deceasing to zero.

> The mailinglist is good but an online forum has better structure for
> searching and subscribing and archiving and some other editorial options
> like from better quoting and threading to the attachments and better
> graphical GUI that absolutely effects on better performance for Typo3
> assigned times . Also I think mailing lists is very coldest in
> relationship than an standard forum and a forum makes better and warmer
> community for this association.
>
> Typo3 lacks some social basis and I think there is not a clear Roadmap
> for a new user to go and most of new users is stumping as they confuse
> about creating just a simple site , and it makes a huge lost in the way
> of a biggest community that decreases the TYPO3 developments.

<sarcasm>
If YOU think that YOUR proposal will get much more fans start it. I think
the best will win, but please don't try to flamewar.

and if you want to learn from someone, you have to go to him and go his
way and can't demand that he has to adjust to your comforts.
</sarcasm>

<cynicism>
Why don't you demand that every newbie has to got his own tutor who has
to help him doing all the work?
Going this way it would be the easiest to get the most fans
</cynicism>

bernd