[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Apr 27 00:29:44 CEST 2009

>> On Apr 25, 2009, at 12:24 PM, David Bruchmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hy Ahmed,
>>>
>>> In some points perhaps you're right, but I want to show another
>>> point:
>>>
>>> The german-spoken forums wouldn't have become so powerfull if there
>>> would exist an official T3-Forum.
>>> In France and in China there exist also Forums referring T3 and in
>>> other
>>> nations / languages too I suppose.
>>> Creating a multilanguage-forum is no technical problem - who should
>>> moderate all the languages? For most people it's even hard to decide
>>> if
>>> a post is spam or not in a foreign language ;-)
>>
>> I don't think that moderation is an issue here.
>> The issue is that apparently most T3 people like to use the
>> mailinglists better?
>> If I look at the dutch forum it's pretty much dead, the mailinglist
>> is
>> much more
>> active compared to the forum.
>
> +1
> Only my two cents but mailinglists tend to be the perfect tool for
> powerusers.
> Forum and mailinglists can live together but I think that developers
> prefers mailinglists.
> It doesn't surprise me that TYPO3 is a bit more powered through
> mailinglists than forums. It's also one of the only CMS to come
> without preinstalled website...

It does surprise me that the IRC channel isn't more buzy though..
During peak times 1 or 2 years
ago we could reach up-to 100 people, but it's back to an average of 45
I think.

You do see that a lot of developers of some great projects hang out on
IRC, unfortunately this isn't the
case in TYPO3.

Ries