David Green david at aikonmedia.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 00:12:30 CEST 2009

Hi List,

I've been asked to update an older Typo3 site not touched since 2004. In
moving the site from typo3 3.8 to 4.1 (php4 only on the server), the
installed custom tags setup has caused problems. Now, any custom tags
created within lists fail to be rewritten. Custom tags placed anywhere
else are fine, just not in lists.

I've spent days searching through the old mailing list entries and found
little mentioned of this since 2005. I've tried setting the RTE setup
following the instructions in the manual, several posts from this list
and anywhere else I could find suggestions. But after multiple attempts
to fix this, I'm at the banging my head against a wall stage of
frustration. Would any kind soul jave any further suggestions for what
to try next please?

So I've got as far as a Page TSConfig of...

RTE.default.proc {
   allowTags = b,i,strong,em,table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4,
h5, h6, div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, dl, dt, pre, blockquote, strong,
em, a, img, hr, tt, q, cite, abbr, acronym, address, service, servicecat
   overruleMode = ts_css
   dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1
   internalizeFontTags = 1
   allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
   entryHTMLparser_db = 1
   entryHTMLparser_db {
     allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
     xhtml_cleaning = 1
     htmlSpecialChars = -1
     tags.hr.allowedAttribs = class
     tags.span.allowedAttribs = class
     tags.b.remap = strong
     tags.i.remap = em
     removeTags = sdfield
     keepNonMatchedTags = protect
   }

   exitHTMLparser_db = 1
   exitHTMLparser_db {
     allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
     keepNonMatchedTags = 1
     htmlSpecialChars = 0
   }
}

RTE.default.enableWordClean = 1

RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext >
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.types.text.proc.overruleMode = ts_css
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.types.textpic.proc.overruleMode = ts_css

I've seen several posts from people tearing their hair out trying to fix
this problem, with fingers pointing to the RTE transforms and parsfunc,
but the only suggestion for a work around I found came from
the custom tags author, who suggested the code I've already tried here.

I tried the template setup code recommended here:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-March/002105.html
which also didn't work.

I'm stuck. Any helpful suggestions gratefully recieved.
Thank you.
Best wishes
David