[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Ahmed Moosavi r.mesbah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:48:38 CEST 2009

Hello ,
Thank you for the time you expended to write the reply.
The main reason I've posted this topic is not my work , I've learned the
TYPO3 for my needs , I am looking about the operative reasons that makes
typo3 community weighty to move.

Presenting the forum subject is not the disavowal of the Mailinglist
advantages. (As I know also they could be merged ) But you know that the
people have vary styles to work with Internet and it's resources .  It's
related to mores , Some working with Forums and some with other gates.So
it's not bad to have an official forum and I think it will be very
successful , An other way to making wider community . And if someone is
thinking to have a good support community for TYPO3 , the forum is
inevitable and unavoidable.

I know the Joomla features and power is not comparable to TYPO3 , but
I've compared the Joomla official Forum and that typo3 forum at the same
time , So it's not related to the timezones. :)At least we can say the
Joomla forum is active at any timezone worldwide and this shows how big
is that community . And also I agree that the quality is important but
the other forums also have acceptable qualities rather to their needs.
As we know the typo3 has a lot of options and is much more harder so we
should have more questions of newbies in the online scene but we cannot
see the such fact. You sampled the revert of Joomla developers and
staying their customers for TYPO3 as a success, But it has another
meaning that say the TYPO3 experienced developers will be limited and
privy to the end. In the first viewpoint it's good for pockets and
earning money  But Surely experienced developers have more requests when
there will be a bigger community. And for know TYPO3 lose it's real
efficiency in the content management software market by many new
developers. I believe the famous 3 months of needed timeframe for
learning TYPO3 can be just some few days for new comers if they had an
organized resources center that can be based by a forum and better
interface for the TYPO3.org.

I personally introduced the Typo3 to some other friends in the place and
they ran out from learning it because of not finding the solutions as
fast as other systems and dispersal of resources. But when I gifted them
my Admin password to show how can be a site made by typo3 in a week they
created their customized sites completely with teaching me some new lessons.

Also yes I plan to have a group of TYPO3 in my place . I'm in Middleeast
& Iran , In this place simple systems like Joomla , Nukes ...etc are
very famous but typo3 is nearly unknown system.

BTW I was not trying to disregards efforts of the current valuable
community and just tried to suggest and expansion.

Best of the luck
Ahmed