[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Apr 25 14:17:35 CEST 2009

On Apr 25, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Niels Pardon wrote:

> Hi Ahmed!
>
> I think whether you like a forum, a mailing list or a newsgroup is
> just
> a matter of taste.
>
> Did you try using a newsreader to access the newsgroup which holds all
> messages ever sent through the mailing lists?
>
> Greets,
>
> Niels

Niels,

Ahmed is trying to make a suggestion to make TYPO3 better accessible
for newbie TYPO3 users.

@Ahmed, I think the reason that TYPO3 doesn't have a online forum, or
at least not official one
is because TYPO3 is used by users that use TYPO3 to make a living.

.

> Ahmed Moosavi schrieb:
>> Hello ,
>> Why typo3 has not an official centralized online active forum like
>> most
>> of other content management systems ? I know there is some unofficial
>> English forums but they are not active as this mailing list is.

Generally speaking you see that forums don't fit that kind of users,
they need to have
the messages delivered to there desktop and going to some website
every now
end then just consumes time. At least this is my opinion and what I
notice myself with
some other professional software packages that are open source.

For me personally I like the mail option better because it allows me
to search for
older yet recent messages a lot faster then a forum and i can organize
ALL my
mailing lists in one convenient place. I think that goes the same for
a new reader,
but I found newsreaders always slow

>> The mailinglist is good but an online forum has better structure for
>> searching and subscribing and archiving and some other editorial
>> options
>> like from better quoting and threading to the attachments and better
>> graphical GUI that absolutely effects on better performance for Typo3
>> assigned times . Also I think mailing lists is very coldest in
>> relationship than an standard forum and a forum makes better and
>> warmer
>> community for this association.

>> Typo3 lacks some social basis and I think there is not a clear
>> Roadmap
>> for a new user to go and most of new users is stumping as they
>> confuse
>> about creating just a simple site , and it makes a huge lost in the
>> way
>> of a biggest community that decreases the TYPO3 developments.

I don't think TYPO3 lacks social base, every year there are
conferences organized where
a lot of users go to, something you don't find in all of your %nuke%
so called CMS systems.
We also have a #TYPO3 IRC channel on freenode, with 45 active user
(some lurkers aswell).
There are also some groups on Linked in, although I have no idea how
active they are.
I am sure there might be some groups on 'facetroep' aswell.

I do agree that for a newbie, TYPO3 doesn't give you a good roadmap to
surfice
the first 3 months of TYPO3.

Ries