[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Sat Apr 25 09:59:01 CEST 2009

Hi Ahmed
Which problems do you actually have?

   - TYPO3 offers lots of social activities all around the world.
   - International worldwide Confernces
   - They go skiing and diving
   - Meet in many many UserGroups all over the world
   - They have this Mailinglist
   - Very good German Forums (advice - learn a bit German it helps! a lot)
   - Very good and very active English Forums -
   http://webempoweredchurch.com/support/community/
   - Lots of German How Too sites
   - Very good - I guess the best - How To Sites are in English
   http://webempoweredchurch.com/support/howtos/
   - Lots of German Video Tutorials - but they are quite expensive!
   - Lots of good English and German Literature
   - a huge developer community which meets here on the mailing list and
   which is usually also willing to help you - most of them!
   - They have an University and many other special Training Meetings
   - gives you one of the best products in the CMS Market - with a very high
   price value - checkout some German Agencies what they charge for a simple
   site and their customer books are full as otherwise they would not charge so
   much!
   - A very good and qualified outsourcing community which delivers high
   value TYPO3 Products to the market.
   - all of them are connected to one Line which is actually the
   mailinglist. There have been already so many discussions about forum or
   mailinglist and I guess you will never change TYPO3 from getting rid of the
   mailinglist but exactly only this would help to build up a centralized forum
   - but why should they do this, who takes care of it, what about all those
   other existing forums and the people which earn there money with it ?? Best
   use the mailinglist as it is, as it is the by far fastest way to get a
   response, much faster than any forum!

So again the question - What are you actually missing? What should a Forum
help you to get what no already exists? What would you like to contribute to
get this missing thing working?

Andi