[TYPO3-english] Fesuer_register - registration with confirmation e-mail works not for some users

Mark Johnston question.mark at comcast.net
Fri Apr 24 17:58:58 CEST 2009

Adrienne,

In my recent case, I saw no "< >" around the links I received (although that could also be affected by different mail systems and mail readers).  The problem in my case appeared to be the square brackets around the term tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[regHash] in the confirmation URL that was generated.  I've tried to point that out in the lines below which I have adapted from the email I received in response to my registration, but beware that line breaks might interfere with the attempt at clarification:

http://server.domain/wec/index.php?id=yy&tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[regHash]=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have briefly looked at the templates for this process and I must say I am too new at this to have been able to find where the hyperlink is generated as you have.  In any case, the page that expects the tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[regHash] parameter would need to be altered to accept a different parameter name if necessary so that it will recognize the hash value being referenced.  It might be possible that changing the square brackets to URL escaped versions of them (%5B and %5D respectively) would suffice, but again it's up to the interpretation of the email system of the recipient.

     Best wishes,

     --Mark