[TYPO3-english] TypoScript hunting game, part 2 goes here!

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:59:04 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Dmitry Dulepov
<dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yesterday we started part 1 of the game. The idea is to find all problems in a small piece of the TypoScript code and provide an improved version.
>
> The TypoScript in question is here:
> http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/have-fun-with-the-typoscript-error-hunt.html
>
> Most of us identified 4 errors, some identified 5.
>
> Now part 2 starts!!! In part 2 we post a message describing errors.
>
> WARNING!!! DO NOT DESCRIBE SOLUTIONS OR HINTS!!! This will be part 3! :) Just list errors. And PLEASE, do not look into other posts before you posted yours! :) It is about having T3FUN, not about winning a million dollar check :)
>
> I will post my list of mistakes in a minute.

Errors:

1. Pointless COA
2. Link does not use typolink function
3. Possibility of unpredictable behaviour when using id directly from
GET/POST array
4. insertData probably not necessary when using typolink
5. Possible: "Print version" not localized/localizable in this form

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/