[TYPO3-english] Fesuer_register - registration with confirmation e-mail works not for some users

Ecsedi Adrienn ecsedi.adrienn at eflow.hu
Thu Apr 23 10:31:37 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I have a big problem with feuser_register. The extension is installed (the
newest version is running), and people can register on the site, but not
all of them. And that is the problem. 150 users have registered on the
site but only 106 is activated and the others are waiting for
confirmation. Lots of people from them even sent mail to us, that they
can't register, but everything around them seems fine.

The registration goes like this: they sign up on the site, and after that
they get the confirmation e-mail, with the correct link in it. They click
on the link, and the get to the registration page, where a new empty form
is waiting for them instead of the text that "they are confirmed on the
site". And on the be, they are not activated, they are still in the "not
confirmed" user group.

Why is this happening to those people and why can other people register on
the site? The link url they get is good, it is not broken, the parameters
are also there.

And one more thing that one of our crew member noticed (maybe this helps
to give more information to you): she tried to click on the confirmation
link that wasnt working for the user, who wanted to registrate on our
site, and the link wasn't working for her too. She tried it a few times,
then left the computer with the open page on it. She came back later to
work again on the computer, and the registration somehow finished! I
wasn't there so I am not sure how this happaned, but the user was
confirmed.

I really hope you can help me solve this phenomenon, because it is a big
problem that so many users couldn't registrate on the site, and more users
will come soon, and we want them to register smoothly. :)

Greetings,
Adrienn Ecsedi