[TYPO3-english] changing page names with RealURL

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:06:41 CEST 2009

Hi!

Marcel Remmy wrote:
> just a quick shot -> i think the extensions "fb_old2new_redirect" (task
> 1), "realurlmanagement" or the "jb_realurl_regeneration" (task2) might
> help you out.

I would avoid using any extension that changes RealURL tables. These tables are internal to RealURL and their structure may change. It means that these extensions will be incompatible. I saw realurlmanagement extension recently. It does the same as Web>Info>Speaking_Url_Management.ID-to-path_mapping. I would recommend using the latter because RealURL's own backend module will be always compatible with the current RealURL.

But I would avoid using path cache for name changes. RealURL does it internally but it may choose to override or delete these paths at any moment. This is internal logic and it is not guaranteed to be the same forever. RealURL can add or remove entries there and your customized logic will be broken.

For bulletproof solutiions I recommend using mod_rewrite. Details are here:
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/redirects-typo3-and-realurl-vs-mod-rewrite.html

If you do not like mod_rewrite, you can try "Redirects" function of RealURL (in Web>Info). I am currently enhancing this function for one customer. I fix redirects as such, make them faster and more convenient to add. You may want to wait for RealURL updates. This change is in the SVN on Forge and it is stable. You can try SVN version if you wish.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/have-fun-with-the-typoscript-error-hunt.html