[TYPO3-english] Wrap only particular content elements in a Templavoila mapping?

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:17:18 CEST 2009

Hi TS experts!

I'm in a situation where I have two mapped Templavoila content element
fields, and I need to wrap each individual content element of one of
these fields. In the TS in the TV DS, I've tried a few things, and have
consulted the TSRef stdWrap documentation, but I can't see a way of
wrapping each individual content element inside the mapped content
elements field. The default code is:

10 = RECORDS
10.source.current = 1
10.tables = tt_content
10.wrap = <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> | <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->

I checked the docs for "source" which is a stdWrap object, or a list of
individual element IDs. This would suggest to me that doing something
like 10.source.stdWrap.wrap = <blah>|</blah> should be the direction I'm
looking at... I've tried a whole bunch of things with source, but can't
get it to work.

The other option is to wrap all content elements, but this isn't what I
want.

I could use an FCE to perform a "pseudo-wrap", but this won't be as easy
for the BE user to deal with, as they'd have to remember to add the FCE,
and then the actual content element inside it. Been there, done that,
really don't wanna take that approach again. (Simplicity is the key for
backend users, I find!)

Anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this, or if it's even possible?

Kind regards,

Andrew Plank