[TYPO3-english] t3blog widgets - how to start?

Horn Gábor gabor at h3online.hu
Mon Apr 20 12:08:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

i woudl like to ask help about placing the individual widgets of t3blog.
We have 2 pages in our pagetree where we define 2 blogs, eahc with their
own categories, posts etc. On the right column of teh website i would
like to put some widgets which uses data from these two blogs, like
display the 3 latest posts of them, or search in them. I've read teh
docs coming with the extension, but couldn't really map any widget to my
template. Basically i have a

in my tempalte file (i DON'T use TV), and i'm not sure what i should map
to it to display a custom set of widgets? I tried put this to an
extension template, which is included in my main template:

plugin.tx_t3blog_pi2{
   socialBookmarks {
	globalWrap  = test
   }
   myblog.widget.socialBookmarks < plugin.tx_t3blog_pi2.socialBookmarks
}

and then

   subparts.blogBox = TEXT
   subparts.blogBox < plugin.tx_t3blog_pi2.myblog

in my main TS.

In the FE the blogBox div is completely empty, not even the "test" text
is there - so i think i don't do it in teh right way (tried with pi1 as
well instead of pi2, same result). Can sy please help me what is the
most basic "hello world" way to map a widget to a part of my template?

thanks, Gábor Horn