[TYPO3-english] GIFBUILDER: temporary files in typo3temp/GB/ are deleted

Dr. Kai Lehmann kai.lehmann at charite.de
Sun Apr 19 16:14:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

I use GIFBUILDER to add a watermark image to my pictures. GIFBUILDER files
are saved the usual way in typo3temp/GB/.

Typoscript code:
---------
tt_content.image.20.1 {
  imageLinkWrap >
  imageLinkWrap = 1
  imageLinkWrap {
    [...]
    typolink {
      [...]
      parameter.cObject = IMG_RESOURCE
      parameter.cObject {
        file = GIFBUILDER
        file {
          XY = [10.w],[10.h]
          format = jpg
          quality = 90
          10 = IMAGE
          10.file.import.current = 1
          10.file.import.data = TSFE:lastImageInfo|origFile

          30 = IMAGE
          30.file = {$watermarkBigImage}
          30.align = {$watermarkBigImagePosition}
          30.if.isTrue.field = image_zoom
          30.if.isTrue.if.isTrue = {$watermarkBigImageOn}
        }
      }
---------

This works pretty well.
The problem: After a few days, the temp files in typo3temp/GB/ seem to be
deleted. The website still points to some file in this directory. However,
this file does not exist anymore, so no picture is displayed.

GIFBUILDER temporary files are generated again when I manually delete the
page cache. As I use relatively big image archives (up to >100 images, e.g.:
http://www.charite.de/chi/elearning/index.php?id=59), the generation of the
temporary GIFBUILDER files takes several minutes, which severely constrains
the use of the website. So, an automatic cache clearance at midnight or
after some days is not an option.

I watched this issue for some days now on the server and it seems that the
temporary files are automatically deleted after four days.

Does anyone know this problem? As far a I know, there is noch automatic
cache deletion build into TYPO3 for the GIFBUILDER cache directory.

Thanks,
Kai