[TYPO3-english] Comments extension UTF-8 problem

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Apr 19 12:24:01 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Ahmed Moosavi <r.mesbah at gmail.com>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 19. April 2009 12:06:32
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] Comments extension UTF-8 problem
> Hello ,
> Thanks for your answer
> Is there any quick fix for this ?
>
> Regards
>
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Ahmed Moosavi wrote:
>>> I'm using comments extension by UTF-8 fields and page , When I enter a
>>> comment a cookie is set in my PC and saves the specifications but
>>> problem is when I try to call the page again that field shows incorrect
>>> characters like this : احÙ
د  . Please help .
>> Yes, the problem exists. This is a bug that should be fixed.

Sorry didn't follow the whole tree, but try this in your localconf:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8'.chr(10).'SET
character_set_connection = utf8';

Furthermore the table cache_pages also has to be set up with UTF-8
Support.

For further settings referring UTF-8 check
http://www.bruchmann-web.loc/en/support/typo3/tipps-und-tricks/utf-8-in-typo3/

Best regards
David