[TYPO3-english] need advice - recommended server specs

Dominique Feyer dominique.feyer at reelpeek.net
Fri Apr 17 22:46:47 CEST 2009

with TYPO3 4.3 you can read this
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/how-to-enable-memcached-cache-in-typo3-43.html

Memcache

for page cache and file cache cache_hash (only if you have a good disk
configuration) is a really good way to have performance (page cached
are served from RAM, cache_hash from disk, so the mysql server can be
dedicated to the rest.

On this configuration, try to have cache_hash and mysql on to different
disk (or better on two different RAID disk array)

A other good way to save some cpu cycle is to use Lighttpd (with PHP as
FastCGI with APC cache) to replace Apache. Lighttpd is multi thread so
no overhead for forking new process on each request. Memory footprint
will be lower than with Apache ... MySQL can have more RAM ;-)

If you need help for the setup, you can contact me

Dominique Feyer

On 2009-04-17 03:35:16 +0200, "Joko Nurjadi"