[TYPO3-english] typoscript to change templavoila template based on subpages

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:33:14 CEST 2009

Could anybody let me know if this is possible or point me me in the right
direction.

I am planning a new site design with a primary naviagtion (1 level) as a
horizontal menu across the top of the page with secondary (level 2) as a
verticle menu on the left.

Therefore i will create two page templates in templavoila one with the left
menu and one without.
If there are no subpages only the horizontal menu will be displayed and the
content are will fill the page and if there are subpages, the left hand menu
will be displayed and the width of the content are will be smaller. there
fore requiring a different template, mapping and CSS.

Is there a way a for typo3 to automatically change the page template when
there are subpages?

I know you can select the page template when creating new pages, but I am
trying to make site administration as easy as possible as it will be non
techies who will be responsible for creating and updating content.

If sure some typoscript magic could do this but I am not too sure where to
start.

I hope this makes sense, unfortunatley I can't show you any demos as I am
still just planning the site.

Janus