[TYPO3-english] xml parse error - blank line at the top of the page markup

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:57:37 CEST 2009

I have a little problem that I hope someone could help me with.
I am using the latest version of Typo3 4.2.6 and templavoila and everything
is working fine except when the page is first generated, i.e after a clear
of the page cache there is a blank line at the top of the page markup.

Upon subsequent visits to the page, the blank line is no longer there. this
doesn't seem to be a problem for most of the site except when it comes to
generating any kind of XML output e.g. an RSS feed from tt_news.

After spending a lot of time scratching my head, i discovered that it was
this blank line, as the XML is not properly interpreted if the xml
declaration is not in the first line.

This is definetly not a problem with tt_news but something in the way Typo3
initially generates the page markup.

my TS for generating the page is below - if it helps:

page = PAGE
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

config {
doctype = xhtml_strict
xhtml_cleaning = all
htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-US"
disablePrefixComment = 1
}

does anybody have any ideas how to solve this??

Any help would be most appreciated, as it driving me mad.

Cheers

Janus