[TYPO3-english] Extending tt_news

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Apr 14 11:32:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I began to extend tt_news using kickstarter extension. I added some
> field successfully but now I wonder how to show these fields on the
> frontend.
>
> Could you give me some link/resource where I could learn the steps to do
> it?
>
> I bought "Extension development" by Dmitry, but today I left it at
> home :(

You certainly will have to add placeholders (aka markers) in the
template file for each of your fields and then provide a valid from the
recordset you retrieved from the DB. Search in original code to find out
where the mapping is done.

Hint: try to use a hook to further processing the list of markers (if
available, actually I don't know).

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers