[TYPO3-english] Real URL and subdomains - findRootPageId function

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Apr 13 22:37:10 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Specifying correct root page id in the configuration is a one time action
> that avoids ALL these problems forever.
>
> SVN version of RealURL currently has an experimental "strict" mode, which
> disables automatic detection of a root page id. It is faster and safer
> this way. However I recognize that disabling this feature is bad from the
> usability point of view. Therefore I am looking for the alternative
> solution. I do not know what can it be yet. This holds the release of a
> new version.

Hi Dmitry,

what about my feature request to rewrite autoconfig on changes to
sys_domain?

Maybe if you can specify a template for all configurations, autoconfig
should be usable everywhere as long as there are no domain-specific
differences - but you can use own configuration (e.g. for extensions) this
way - this is AFAIK not possible, yet (without creating custom extension).

Steffen