[TYPO3-english] OT ve_guestbook: captcha checking always fails

Damien Sauveron damien.sauveron at unilim.fr
Sat Apr 11 21:06:49 CEST 2009

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Burg a écrit :
> Damien,
>
>>> I don't think it's necessary to post so much code.
>
>> I thought that I was interesting to add this small javascript code to
>> avoid spam and since I have found it only in one webpage, it could be
>> interesting to have it somewhere on another archive for interested
>> people (BTW, I have made some modification). But ok.
>
> yes, this could be a very interesting extension, is it in TER? What's the name?
As far as I know it is not an extension. I have got the code from this blog
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/nc/singleentry/date////ve-guestbook-antispam-template.html
and specially from this file:
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/uploads/media/guestbook.html

I have modified it to take into account the problems (due to "languages"
and "url encoding") that I have encountered.

I have never written a typo3 extension but if I have some free time, I
will consider this possibility. If someone wants to do it, feel free. :)

> If you post so much code as in your 2. post, it's very hard to give help. Nobody wants to check so
> much code. Always try to reduce it to a minimum. It's also a good method to reduce your own code
> while searching for errors. That's what Sherlock would do ;-)
Right, but it would have been bad if by trying to reduce the code, I
would have removed the potential source of problem (you may spend more
time to tracking the problem that was not there). But I understand what
you explain.

Thanks again.
--
Damien Sauveron