[TYPO3-english] typo3 sites and enterprise applications

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 11 18:09:19 CEST 2009

Hi!

Riadh wrote:
> A big number of enterprises now need j2ee or dot.net developers. And for
> me as a student who will be seeking for a job lately, may be it s better
> to choose j2ee for example! Don't you agree?

Enterprises do it because managers think it is cool, modern and should be done this way. Generally managers has very low technical competence but they are ready to throw money into anything cool. They do not realize that these technologies are bad for server side operations. Sun and Microsoft marketed these technologies very well but I did not see any J2EE/.NET application that can beat other solutions in terms of cost or performance.

> To be clear, for the moment I don't have any idea about :
> -    The choice of  the architecture of applications to be working on a
> typo3 intranet

Best to use PHP. You can try web services but I think you will need to code something in PHP anyway.

> -    The way to integrate my applications even if I choose finally php!!

You do an extension to TYPO3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/cbrealurl-preconfigure-your-realurl.html