[TYPO3-english] typo3 sites and enterprise applications

Riadh riadhkacem at msn.com
Sat Apr 11 14:16:52 CEST 2009

Sorry I haven't explained.
I'm newbie in typo3 and php and I m a student (engineer) working on an 'End
of studies project'.
An enterprise located in Europe and Tunisia (in Africa) has an intranet in
typo3 and wants to create another intranet for the site in Tunisia. So I
have to develop some applications in "X" technology to be accessed from the
typo3 intranet site in Tunisia - and possibly from the other intranet in
Europe-. All the developed applications must be integrated in the typo3
intranet.

Which architecture should I use J2ee or dot.net Vs php?
At least I know that it is a choice based on several criteria like needs,
cost .etc.
I have found in the web that JSP+servlet is equivalent to php but EJB
possibilities aren't supported by php.

I m not an expert and I don't have preferences for any architecture. I just
need to know the most appropriate one for typo3. Normally it would be php
because typo3 is in php. But I can use also web services technology with
j2ee or .NET!

A big number of enterprises now need j2ee or dot.net developers. And for me
as a student who will be seeking for a job lately, may be it s better to
choose j2ee for example! Don't you agree?

To be clear, for the moment I don't have any idea about :
-	The choice of  the architecture of applications to be working on a typo3
intranet
-	The way to integrate my applications even if I choose finally php!!

Best regards
Riadh