[TYPO3-english] ve_guestbook: captcha checking always fails

Damien Sauveron damien.sauveron at unilim.fr
Fri Apr 10 19:18:24 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I have a problem by using captcha with ve_guestbook.
Everything is ok (captcha images appears, the fields also) until I
submit the form.
Indeed, the checking fails, an error message informs the user that the
captcha is invalid and the message is not included in the guestbook. I
have entered the good captcha text (you can trust me).

The behaviour is the same with captcha and sr_freecap.
Without captcha systems everything works perfectly.

It is a very good protection against spam but it is not what I expect :)

My configuration is the following:
typo3 4.2.4
captcha  1.1.0
sr_freecap 1.1.2
ve_guestbook 2.7.1

The website has two languages (French and English) but I do not think
that the problem comes from that.

If you have any idea, please let me know.
If you need more details about my settings, I can provide them.

Thanks for your help.
Looking forward to hearing you.

Best regards,
--