[TYPO3-english] cooluri and language tag - /de

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Fri Apr 10 15:54:08 CEST 2009

Hello Jan,
> Whatever, I think that common practice is
>
> example.com for default language (german in your case)
> example.com/lang for rest
>
> What you have to do is to redirect (using mod_rewrite) "example.com" to
> "example.com/de". In such case there will be L variable set and
> hopefully, Typo3 will add it to links.

perhaps I have a strong preference for symmetry ;-) I like to have english as default, since most
customers will be non german, and I think, it will be easier in future to translate in other
languages if english is the default.

But whatever, I will try to do a redirect.

But maybe you can help me getting rid of the /lang suffix at all, and you have a solution, to solve
it with subdomains en.domain .com and de.domain .com, with cooluri in a singletree concept? I've
searched the net, but have still no idea how to do this.

--
Andreas