[TYPO3-english] cooluri and language tag - /de

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Thu Apr 9 13:05:27 CEST 2009

Rupali, Jan,

> "I just still don't understand why you need /de in URLs."
>
> The reason is very simple, as we need /en or /fr for secondary language, we
> need /de for default language.

same here. TLD is com, since it's a commercial project. It's a german company but default language
is english. I like to have mydomain .com/en/ and mydomain .com/de/. Other languages later.

'Cause I use rlmp_language_detection, I never get mydomain .com without a language prepended, but
some crawler will. I don't want duplicate content.

Also mydomain .com without a language prepended and bringing up the english language gives the
impression, that it is an english company.

--
Andreas