[TYPO3-english] Extending Users

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:48:12 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:32:41 +0200 schrieb Manuel Schmidt:

> Hello,
>
> My goal is: I need to have a script that imports users from another CRM
> System into Typo3's fe (?) Users. I.E. These user have to be able to
> login to the page,  are of 4 different (hierarchical) types and  one
> should be able to use the Access Module to modify Access to certain
> pages by User Type's. Type's are something like Customer, Distributor,
> .... The types wont change, yet so these could be set hard somewhere, If
> that would make life easier.
>

> Now, I write to this list in the hope to get some hints on where to
> start with that. Or maybe, where not to start. Is there documentation on
> extending users with custom fields somewhere?

do you really have to extend user-records?
I think it  needs some good user-group-definitions (BE and/or FE) and an
assignment.

As usual:
1. define your roles
2. build up user-groups (hierarchical)
3. assign groups to users

depending wether an user has to edit content import your userdata into
be_users or fe_users and assign the matching be-/fe-usergroup.

[more signature than text :-(]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

bernd