[TYPO3-english] How to allow FE users to maintain a blog?

Paul Bucalo paul.bucalo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:55:16 CEST 2009

John Baldwin wrote some extensions that add on to HOI Community for
blogging.
You can see them in use here:
http://www.plantbasednutrition.org/saved-by-nutrition/account/create
You have to create an account to see/use the blogs
If you search for jpb_ you'll see all our extensions.
One difficulty is that the blog stuff we did requires ffmpeg be installed so
that your blog users can upload video and have it normalized to flv (like
youtube does).
Where the extension needs work is in the friendliness of implementation.
It's our first draft and it really requires we go back and make it easier
for a one button install.
Let me know if you have issues, you can contact me directly.
-Paul Bucalo