[TYPO3-english] AMENU as a lib object requires presence of another tt_news plugin...

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:49:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

(Apologies for cross-posting, but the tt_news group isn't as busy as
this one)

I have a site where there's a "sidebar" that contains some static
content, and some dynamic content. The static content is added by a lib
object. Part of this static content is a tt_news AMENU plugin...
However, it only actually shows the archive when there's another plugin
for tt_news on the same page (i.e. LIST or SINGLE) otherwise it just
gives the "There are no items so display" message. Directly adding the
AMENU plugin to a page also gets it to work...

The plugin content element is in another part of the pagetree of the
same site, but I've also tried moving it to the same page... but as I
said abaove, it either needs to be "attached" to the page directly as a
content element, or there needs to be another tt_news plugin present...

Is this a feature? Or a bug? Or is there a way round this?

Andrew Plank