[TYPO3-english] Real Url performance: am I reading it right

Vahan Amirbekyan vamirbekyan at dgfoundation.org
Sun Apr 5 23:20:03 CEST 2009

guys,
after installing and configuring realurl my pages started loading a few
times slower.
I found a few things I dislike the most:
1. disabling cHash caching may increase the performance considerably.
The code generates too many queries to update the DB. For a page with
hundreds of URLs it is a killer.
2. the enableUrlDecodeCache & enableUrlEncodeCache should not be enabled
by default. Both flags again generate updates to the DB for every link.
With default TTL = 24 hours a high traffic site will generate again too
many DB updates. So the enableUrlEncodeCache better be disabled by default.

When do we need then enableCHashCache and enableUrlDecodeCache &
enableUrlEncodeCache?

I would say that enableCHashCache should be false 99% of the time unless
the site is not traffic heavy and admin things that GET params look ugly.

enableUrlDecodeCache & enableUrlEncodeCache should be enabled
temporarily before system is scheduled to have some changes that effect
URLs. Both then should be set to false after some time again.

pls comment.
regards,