[TYPO3-english] One installation, 4 domains and one fe_user

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Apr 5 12:30:35 CEST 2009

Søren Malling wrote:
> Thanks, I can see that i forgot a detail (sorry! :-)). All the domains in
> the installation are domains "under" FDF.dk ex. one.FDF.dk, two.FDF.dk,
> three.FDF.dk and of course the FDF.dk
>
> I've looked at cookieDomain in  typo3conf/localconf.php, would that be
> able to trick it to keep the login session across the different domains,
> when it's the same "base domainname"?
"base domainname" = second-level domain ;)

Yes, so it should be much easier. I'm sure that several people use this with
TYPO3 and it should be possible (although I've never tried it myself). Make
sure cookies are set for .fdf.dk and not for www.fdf.dk

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['cookieDomain'] = '.fdf.dk';
should do this.

Good luck
Steffen