[TYPO3-english] character set

Tomaz Zaman tomaz at optiss.si
Sat Apr 4 17:54:27 CEST 2009

Hey all i have a small problem regarding the connection of typo3 to
mysql database. I use a feuserlisting plugin (modified version) to list
my users. Some of their names start with slovenian characters ("Šolar",
for example).
I have two problems here, if i search "šolar" without the uppercase "Š"
i get no results, but if i use "Šolar" as a search string i get the
person with that last name.
The second problem is the listing which should be alphabetic but i get
all people starting with slovenian characters first, which is not in
proper alphabetical order. In my case letter "Š" comes after S in
slovenia but is displayed before A.
I have checked the mysql database and collation is set to
utf8_general_ci (even tried utf8_slovenian_ci, with no success) and
encoding is set to utf8. I have set forceCharset to utf-8 too, so i
really cant see the problem here.

Thank you

Tomaz Zaman