[TYPO3-english] Real URL and subdomains

Vahan Amirbekyan vamirbekyan at dgfoundation.org
Sat Apr 4 02:42:09 CEST 2009

hi All,
I have a system that creates sites on fly. Every new site is assigned a
new sub-domain. For example a.mydomain.com, b.mydomain.com, .. and so on.
I need all these *.mydomain.com sites to share the same realurl
configuration.

My typo3 installation though has other domain too as for instance
mynewdomain.org.

I see that realurl ext wants me to create one array for www.mydomain.com
  domain and then add aliases to the
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] like
'a.mydomain.com' => 'www.mydomain.com',
'b.mydomain.com' => 'www.mydomain.com',
'N.mydomain.com' => 'www.mydomain.com',

the problem with this is that the sites and hence the subdomain names
are created on fly.

i tried and can see that array like *.mydomain.com is not inderstood by
realurl.

Does realurl have solutino for this.
If not pelase let me know what solution you think I should make so that
it later is added to the realurl codebase.

regards,