[TYPO3-english] Magento - Typo3

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Apr 3 12:32:57 CEST 2009

Rik Willems wrote:
> Perhaps a nice place to start some discussion about Magento... I'm very
> much interested in your opinions. Magento is quite new  but I hear good
> things about it. How can I place Magento?

it is the only real open source ecommerce product

> How does it compare with
> tt_products or commerce?

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

it is like you would compare dreamwever to TYPO3, at least with tt_products.

> Other thing I heard is that templating for Magento is hard. Some stuff
> seems to be hard coded in stead of templated. Can anyone confirm this?

templates are a mixture of php and html, hardcoded is wrong.. there are
many templates because of so many features

I like it a lot

Georg