[TYPO3-english] MnoGoSearch, realurl, languages and configuration records

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 2 15:02:35 CEST 2009

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> But what if the current language is English and we need to search/index
> everything which is http://domain/, but not http://domain/fr/ or
> http://domain/de/ ??
>
>>> Can this be solved with Server records somehow, or must the realurl
>>> configuration be changed to make English pages have a /en/ prefix?
>> Hm. What is special about English? :)
>
> Nothing, except that it's the default language of the site and thus has no
> Website Language record in the root :-P
> Apart from that, this is the current (realurl) configuration on that site.

I do not think it is solvable :( At least it is not solvable easily.

I fell into this trap once, spent a lot of time and could find any recovery. This is how it goes with mnogosearch: it indexes everything below the given URL (!!!). So if you give it http://domain/, it will also include http://domain/fr/ and http://domain/de/. When you search, you can search inside http://domain/fr/ and http://domain/de/. But if you search inside http://domain/, both of the above are included too because they are in the hierarchy.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
My TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/the-best-of-march-2009.html