[TYPO3-english] duplicate images

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Thu Apr 2 14:09:12 CEST 2009

Hi Paul,

You defined your Formfield as
   <type>group</type>
   <internal_type>file</internal_type>
   <uploadfolder>uploads/tx_templavoila</uploadfolder>

Documentation for the key uploadfolder [1] reads

"Filefolder under PATH_site in which the files are stored.
Example: 'uploads' or 'uploads/pictures'
Notice: TYPO3 does NOT create a reference to the file in its original
position! It makes a copy of the file into this folder and from that
moment that file is not supposed to be manipulated from outside. Being
in the upload folder means that files are understood as a part of the
database content and should be managed by TYPO3 only."

This is the oldschool-way TYPO3 handles filerelations, that ought to be
replaced by the digital asset management (DAM). Unfortunately there are
still existing bugs [3] inside the core so that you *cant* use DAM and
TemplaVoila with FCE´s atm.

DAM uses MM-relations to store the references and again the core api
docs [1]:
"MM relations has been tested to work with flexforms if not in a
repeated element in a section."
where "repeated element" means FCE.

There will be a coding session during the devdays in may, where we will
try to solve these issues. For the time being I dont see a solution for
your probs.

sry
pekue

[1]