[TYPO3-english] duplicate images

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 2 07:59:05 CEST 2009

Hi!

Paul Bucalo wrote:
> I don't understand why any image I insert into my FCE gets appended with an
> underscore and a number.

This is a TYPO3 feature. It means that the image with the same name already exists in the uploads/tx_templavoila/.

> I'm looking around the API docs, TSref, the books, I can't find this
> anywhere.
> How do I turn this off?

You can't.

> I just want it to use the image I'm choosing from fileadmin, I don't want it
> cached, I don't want it duplicated.

TYPO3 always copies image to another location. Currently it is not possible to reference images (DAM can do it but I do not think it is applicable to FCE).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Skype: liels_bugs