[TYPO3-english] rgmediaimages: jwplayer licensing

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Apr 1 21:23:46 CEST 2009

sabine deeken schrieb:
> No question to buy the license for the commercial site, but I really was
> confused because the extension manual of rgmediaimages only mentioned
> the commercial license, and the link goes to longtailvideo where the 4.x
> licenses are sold - which are obligatory when you use the 4.x player in
> a cms.

Please have a look at
http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forum/Licensing-Questions/13897/University-CMS-use-license-inquired

The commercial license is still only necessary if it is a commercial
site (or if there are ads).

The part about the CMS means:

If you _develop_ a CMS that you will _distribute_ with a version of the
flash player you have to buy a license. If you just use a CMS for
generating your pages and your pages are ad-free and noncommercial you
don't need to buy a license.

HTH,

Susanne

--