[TYPO3-english] smartcard login for typo3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Apr 1 18:22:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Gregor Iseboegovitc wrote:
>> Question: Is there any possibility, to have kind of a smartcard login for T3?
>> Let's say, I have a keydord with smartcard reader and I have several smart cards.
>
> Yes.
>
>> i want to login , into the T3 BE a & FE with this smartcard.
>>
>> Does anyone has ideas, imporovements, suggestions or experience with this?
>>
>> It would make the logins (every hour) and in general much more convenient...
>
> It needs a custom authentication service for TYPO3, that's all ;)

I don't know what a smartcard reader provides as API but I think some
client software will have to be used because I guess a smartcard reader
is not as dumb as a barcode reader which simply sends decoded
information as if it were typed on a keyboard.

Thus I guess you'll have to create some client software that uses the
smartcard reader API to interact with a custom authentication service
available as Web service.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en