[TYPO3-english] Generating a useful Google Sitemap with dd_googlesitemap and multiple domains

Ulrik Høyer Kold uk at oerskov.dk
Wed Apr 1 12:17:32 CEST 2009

Hi list,

This is my first post, so please bear with me.

I am trying to generate correct (SEO-wise) sitemaps of multiple domains on
the same level with dd_googlesitemap. My problem is that the root page for
each domain is represented as http://www.example.com/4.html instead of just
http://www.example.com. I have added an alias for the first site's root
page, which is now http://www.example.com/index.html - but that only works
for one site, see. I would like to tell both sitemaps that the root page is
named index.html (or something similar).

Does anybody have _the_ marvelous solution to this issue? Another extension,
perhaps?

With the following page hierarchy:

Root - Domain 1 [PID:4, alias: index]
  * subpage 1.1 [pid:5, alias: products]
  * subpage 1.2 [pid: 6, alias: details]
  * subpa...
Root - domain 2 [PID: 7, alias: index0]
  * subpage 2.1 [PID: 8, alias: ex-products]
  * subpage 2.2 [pid: 9, alias: ex-details]
  * subpa...

I have set up dd_googlesitemap with a value for
tx_ddgooglesitemap.forceStartPid of 4 and 7 for the sitemaps, which is
correct as I can see from the generated data.

I would very much like the root pages to take the value of only the domain
(http://www.example.com) and just forget about the alias or PID.

Any suggestions to this?

Venlig hilsen,
Ulrik Høyer Kold