[TYPO3-english] first-use problem

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Wed Apr 1 10:37:14 CEST 2009

Pascal Cramer wrote:
> ulrichbuscher at aol.com wrote:
>> Hi folks.
>>

>> I’m a newbie and have a problem with using the backend admin displays
>> after installing TYPO3.
>>
>> I have done my best to follow the install instructions and I’m sure
>> that this is something basic but I’m at my wits end to work this out!
>>

>> I want to just add a new page and get the following display:
>>

>> “The website cannot display the page. Most likely causes: The website
>> is under maintenance. The website has a programming error.”
>>

>> The following steps generate this error:
>>

>> Page – New – Page (Inside)
>>
>>    and
>>
>> Page – New – Click here for wizard! – (either left arrow)
>>

>> This is the first time I have entered backend-admin after installing,
>> so there are no pages created.
>>

>> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
>>

>> cheers
>
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> I cannot remember ever getting the error message you get.
> Which TYPO3 version did you install?
> Does it occur when you create the page or when you try to view it?
>
> Perhaps you can try to start with the dummy package which contains a
> sample site.
>
> Also a good document to get you on the road: 'Getting started' in
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/
> (the screenshot are a bit updated but the instructions are still correct)
>
> Hope this helps a bit :-)
>
> Pascal

Thinking about the message you get: it sounds like an "internal server error",
an error thrown by the webserver.
Does your hosting provider meet the requirements for hosting TYPO3:
   http://typo3.org/about/system-requirements/

Pascal